Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Magic show :)

Recently I went to a magic show with my family. It was a Christmas present from my older sister, who heard about the magician or rather the illusionist.
At the beginning, I was very skeptical whether it was a great or a worthless present because frankly speaking: Who believes in magic? Nevertheless, I was curious and went with my whole family to the event.
The night of the magic show: The lights turn off, mysterious music starts to play and you hear footsteps on the stage. Then, silence… suddenly the magician was lit by bright spotlights and the show began.
Starting with some “simple” tricks like pulling a scarf through the microphone stand or turning a 50 Złoty note into a 100 Złoty note, the show became more and more interesting. Indeed, it were not only the tricks we got to see but also the words and the way of thinking that still makes me think about this evening. The illusionist, a globetrotter who spends his holidays every year in another place getting to know the foreign people and become part of their culture, seemed to have perfect abilities of reading people. Above all, it was India or rather its people who impressed him doing some new magic tricks and keep on focusing on different aspects in life or what would be more striking: focusing on the same aspects in life but with a different perspective. Therefore, it is necessary to break out of your comfort zone, e.g. going extremely slow to work and start realizing things you have never realized before. Afterwards you will notice how less you perceive by following your routine. Furthermore, this is just one of the first steps to achieve the abilities of perception like the magician, however, that is not what most of the people are aiming for.

Anyway, since then I started to reflect more about all the impressions, which I am exposed to in my every day life. Moreover, I absolutely recommend going to a magic show if you have never gone before and be the “witness of the impossible” yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment